Yes, its actually me, posting on my blog. SHOCKER. I am a terrible blogger, but for some reason, I really want to become better at it. Probably for the silly reason of everyone else does it....plus my friend Nikki posted this link with blog topics for the month of January. I know I am late to the game, but I might try that. It should help me get back in the game....When I was travelling in Europe/living in DC, it was easy to keep a blog updated... because I had tons of exciting things to tell people back home, but now I am at home, so usually my friends are a part of my fun memories already. So now I just have to be more creative...
My sister Marley who does have a blog promised me she would show me how to make mine pretty, so I just downloaded a background - YAY ME. Unfortunately trying to figure out how to do it wore me out, so I doubt I write much now.
Small update on life for the past 3 months:
1. Most importantly, in case you haven't heard I am going to be an aunt to a little boy in June....honestly we all wanted a girl but now we are excited about Jack Nolan. I have big plans for him to be an SEC quarterback. I am already working on names (Aunt Katy sounds so OLD)....KK? KiKi? who knows?
2. Auburn won the National Championship. If you did not know this, please don't tell me that you didn't. My daddy took me to glendale for the game and I must say, it was one of the BEST DAYS of my LIFE. I assume one day I will have to say the best day was my wedding day, but to be honest, January 10, 2011 will be hard to top.
3. I turned 27 this week and didn't cry. This is a big deal for me since I hate birthdays. I really do. Nothing about my life changed between Tuesday and Wednesday. I am mature enough to know that its not like I sprouted a gray hair because my age was different or suddenly I have to go to bed at 9 pm and never go out on the weekends....but it just sounds older. Of course 26 sounded old too and I got upset, but then 26 became one of my favorite years ever-- amazing friends, great church, awesome community, national championship. So I approached this birthday differently-- it could be a great year and if that means adding one year to my age, so be it. Plus I have some amazing friends that threw me a National Championship birthday party where we all wore orange and blue.
4. Quit reading my blog right now and go read "God and Football" by Chad Gibbs. The book is hilarious and convicting all at once. I felt like I wrote it. Even if you aren't a football fan (which if you aren't, shame on you), if you grew up in the South, you will understand this book.
5. I will be starting some of the blog topics this week, I hope....