Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mermaid Cafe

Mermaid Cafe..... 4/5 for food 2/5 for service 5/5 for atmosphere

My friends and I went here the night after I ran my first half marathon to celebrate! I was so excited to try this unique beachy place on Lake Caroline out in Madison County. It is about a 20+ minute drive to the suburbs, way out in the suburbs but for atmosphere, it is well worth the drive. BP and tar balls are keeping me from my favorite place, the beach, so dinner on the lake in a beachy seafood restaurant with a front porch and casual atmosphere was great. Made me feel like I was living a slower pace of life....

What wasn't nice though was the slower pace of service, just because I want the slower beach atmosphere doesn't mean I want slow service-- which is exactly what we received. In fact, my friend ordered crab and brie soup which arrived AFTER the meal. Not acceptable.

But the food was good. Of course, I am a fish lover. I would eat seafood over steak any day of the week, so if you cook it well, I will most likely love it. I ordered crab and brie soup with a main course of tilapia and potatoes and then, key lime pie with an oreo crust for dessert because well, I ran 13.1 miles that day, I deserved it :-)

Check it out: MERMAID CAFE

Everyone was really pleased with the food, but the lackluster service lowered our overall experience. Would I eat there again? Probably yes. The service could have been that one waiter.....but 2's my limit, its definitely not 3 strikes your out for dining!




No comments:

Post a Comment