Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Restaurant Review: TAQUERIA LA GUADALUPE

One of my main struggles since moving back is not being adventurous. When I lived in DC or travelled abroad, I took other people's suggestions and recommendations with regards to restaurants, entertainment, etc. But, moving to Jackson (although somewheat familiar to me), visiting new churches, starting a new job, etc caused me to cling to places I already knew -- i.e., I went to my home church 3 weeks in a row instead of visiting around like I had planned, and I eat at familiar restaurants, etc...after all, I know what I like there!

So my new plan is to try one new place a week, atleast - although I doubt it is more than one place because I try to keep my eating out to a minimum since I am on a budget (thank you law school loans!!)

This week, I have already tried 2 new places....snaps to me. Today, I will write about my visit to Taqueria la Guadalupe.



This is a taco place that my brother in law, Bech suggested..and I am so glad he did. It was wonderful. This place is about as authentic mexican as you can get in Jackson, MS -- and it is pretty cheap since essentually it is an order at the counter type of place. I ordered to go and went back to the office to eat my lunch. This may become a regular since it is super cheap and delicious and not that bad for you.

I ordered the three pollo taco combo meal on the corn tortilla -- three small tortillas filled with chicken, cilantro, avacado, lettuce, tomato and onion if you like (I left these off) and a small amount of cheese...plus mild or hot salsa. Unlike most american mexican food which is dripping with grease, these tacos were light and filling with a good flavor, not oily and heavy. No extra sauce or cheese. I could enjoy this meal and not regret it later! This may become a regular for me!!

4.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment