Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Yes, I live in Jackson....

I never planned to move back to Jackson, MS (my childhood hometown) but after 7 years of higher education and a struggling job market, I find myself not in Washington DC, but instead in a town that has historically been reserved for pearl wearing junior league ladies with two plus children and tennis raquets. And although I have my moments, I find myself surprised to be enjoying this time in my life. This is not your mother's Jackson...recently, my childhood hometown has gone through a revitalization bring more people and energy to parts of town that were considered on their way out. Also, with several colleges, a seminary, medical/pharmacy/dental school, and law school ensure there are severy young 20 and 30 somethings in the city.

The old Jackson is still there - with all of its southern tradition and charm - but there seems to be a great mix of old v. new that makes this a fun time to be living here. And, thus came my idea of writing about all the changes in Jackson and what it currently is like to be a 20something here in what has never been seen as a young city.

So, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment