I have been eating lowcarb and its the same old food night after night, so I have recently become quite the little cook. I love discovering new recipes that are healthy yet different.
One of my new favorites is the cauliflower pizza crust.
Ingredients needed for the crust:
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower (I usually use 1.5 cups of riced cauliflower)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
low carb pizza sauce
toppings including meat, veggies
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).
5. go ahead and cook all your toppings including the meat.
6. Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.
7. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
- Because the crust is cheesy, you dont need much cheese
- if you are eating low carb, you may want to cut out the tomato sauce and just put the topping
- on my pizza, I put grilled zuchinni and chicken with parmeson sprinkled on top YUM