Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bacon and Rosemary Brussel Sprouts

This Christmas I discovered that I LOVE Brussel Sprouts!  My mom made a delicious recipe for Christmas so I decided to find some new ways to cook Brussel Sprouts.  Luckilly I just bought a veggie cookbook so I tried one of the recipes in there.

You will need:

  • one pound of brussel sprouts
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • 2 TBSP unsalted butter
  • 2 ounces of bacon, cut up -- I actually just fried up several pieces and cut them in to tiny pieces, so I have no idea if I used 2 ounces
  • sprinkle of salt
  • 2 sprigs of rosemary
1. Cut Brussel Sprouts into 1/4s or even 1/6s (if they are large)
2. Cook Bacon and cut it into pieces
3. Pour 1/4 c of EVOO in a skillet.
4. Add the Brussel Sprouts, 2 sprigs of Rosemary and bacon
5. Stir on lowheat, cooking the brussel sprouts for 28-32 min or until tender.
6. Pull the Rosemary sprigs out.
7. Pull skillet off the heat and add 2 TBSP of unsalted butter, cut up and a sprinkle of salt
8. Stir up Brussel Sprouts until butter is melted.


DELICIOUS.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment