Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Faithful

2012 has been one of the hardest and best years of my life, all at once...so I am both sad and happy to see it go.  I started dating Dave (technically we met in 2011) and am now planning to spend all my days withs him.  Clearly I've had prayers answered and times of waiting end.  The Lord is faithful and His mercies are new every morning.

My sweet NYE date!


I've also had loss and trials and have witnessed a lot of pain around me for those I love (and myself) including loss, death and divorce.  As our preacher said on Christmas Eve night, Christmas is really about the hope that comes from the birth of One who came to EVENTUALLY make all sad things untrue.  I think many of my family and friends felt that hope in a unique but hard way this year.

As a whole, 2012 was pretty good and pretty unique in my life.  Usually, being the black and white thinker that I am, I rate a year (or anything really) as good or bad- and this was both REALLY good and REALLY hard all at once!  God showed me His provision, His graciousness and His goodness, but He also let me (and my family) walk through some tough times, faithfully holding our hands and sustaining us.

So, if I could sum up 2012 in one word, it would be: Faithful. Faithful to answer prayers and provide.  Faithful to walk us through tough times.  Faithful to love us through good and bad.


1 comment:

  1. Great word to sum up the year! I love your preacher's words about how Jesus makes all sad things untrue. Perfect!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete