(1) I was so stressed Friday night for tons of different reasons...and stress makes my rosecea worse and I was upset about that too which wasn't helping matters. Dave kept craking annoying jokes and I was so annoyed...until I realized what he was doing -- trying to make me laugh and calm down. He wanted me to quit stressing out and was trying to help the only way he knew how to. I sure am crazy about him. What a good guy.
(2) I really liked Safe Haven, surprisingly. I wanted to see it but thought it would be one of those movies I wanted to see and then didn't like. I liked it. Dave was a trooper and sat through it - and actually enjoyed it, I think. It kindof has a fun twist which makes it more entertaining. Certainly not a top ten movie, but worth a cold rainy friday night for sure.
(3)Isn't it great how God sometimes knows exactly what you need? Dave and I were scheduled for a jam packed weekend - I worked all day Saturday, then we were going to the Charity Ball with my family and then spending the day in the country Sunday with his family. Then we had car trouble and had to spend a few hours replacing a part (okay, I just held the flashlight) and missed the Ball and ended up staying in town all sunday....
........and it was glorious! literally, best weekend in awhile. We have been grumpy with eachother with the stress of his job hunt and the wedding and marriage and we both agreed that a day curled up watching tv and movie and doing laundry and grocery shopping and researching san fran and stopping by the bookstore and cooking ahead for the week was WONDERFUL. A day not stressing was just what I needed and God reminded me how blessed I am to be marrying sweet Dave. He truly is my favorite person to do anything or nothing with....and it was nice to have a day just being us, not reading about marriage or planning a wedding or looking up jobs.
(4) Wedding planning can be stressful. I am about to the point where all the big decisions are made and I am going to hand the rest off to my wedding planner and say, have fun. I know what I like and don't like, but as far as specifics, she can make it work right?? I don't want to stress out so much that I miss the fun times with family and friends.
(5) ARGO- best picture. Totally agree. Daniel Day Lewis - best actor. 100 percent agree with that too. Seriously, see argo if you haven't. LOVED it and I really liked Lincoln as well.
(6) I've been back on my diet (yuck) -- I took literally a week to ten days off with family and friends in town, Vday and Mardi Gras. I like sticking to a routine though and planning our meals ahead (I say our meals because Dave comes over for dinner maybe 3 times a week --- he says its to see me, but I know its for the free food :) haha) This week's menu includes: low carb chicken tacos, spaghetti (I make mine with zuchinni instead of noodles), chicken and rice/cucumbers, breakfast for dinner with turkey sausage instead of real sausage, lowcarb pizza.
(7) Before going back on my diet, I made this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Dave loves Buffalo Chicken so I thought it would be a good fit) I actually really liked it!
You need these ingrediants:
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/3 c. hot sauce
- 5c. red potatoes, grated w/ box grater
- 1 c. light ranch dressing/ blue cheese
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. panko
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
(8) I also discovered another yummy low carb lunch a couple sundays ago. Pizza quesadillas. I used a lowcarb wheat tortilla (4 net carbs) and spread a little low fat butter spread on one side and filled it with turkey sausage, parmeson and mozzerella and tomato sauce. If you have any fresh vegguies or chicken, you can add those as well. Fold over like you would a quesadilla and cook in the skillet. So good. Like a healthy calzone
(9) My showers/parties are starting in less than a month...and confession: I am super excited about new clothes for these parties. I am almost more excited about a few new sundresses than I am about my wedding dress. Lets be honest, I will wear a new Lilly dress far more often than my wedding dress. I fully recognize that money may be tight the first year of marriage if we move and I have to take another bar exam and find a job, so I am fully enjoying the fact that I get new dresses now !!!
(10) My pillows for my new bedroom came in this week. I am super excited. Here is what it looks like. I still have a ton to do - I want a white desk ( I found one that is a knockoff of the west elm parson's desk) and I want to paint my dresser gray (when we move) I also need to add some artwork and get a headboard and this rug I am ordering from urban outfitters today. BUT atleast we have a start. Maybe I can get the room decor 50 percent there before I get married and we can do the rest later!