I made this delicious cake for Easter Weekend/ my bf's fathers birthday. It was delicious. Thought I would share the recipe!
2 c sugar
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks margarine
1 c water
1/2 c vegetable oil
5 tbsp cocoa
1/2 c buttermilk + 6 tbsp buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
1 box powdered sugar
1 c chopped nuts
1. Mix 2 c sugar, 2 c flour, 1 tsp baking soda
2. In a pan, bring to a boil 1 c water, 1 stick margarine, 1/2 c vegetable oil, and 2 Tbsp cocoa
3. Take the pan mixture off the heat quickly and add to flour mixture while it is hot and mix.
4. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 c Buttermilk and Mix.
5. When Mixture cools a bit, add 2 eggs and mix.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a 13x9 oiled pan.
1. Mix 1 stick of margarine (melted), 6 Tbsp Buttermilk, 1 box of powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, 1 tsp Vanilla, and 1 c nuts chopped (optional which kind you use and if you use nuts at all)
2. Icing needs to be ready when cake is done. Immediately pour onto cake and spread. Then let the cake sit as the icing hardens