Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Football Notes

This weekend I was at the beach (yay) and it rained all weekend (boo) but it was almost a blessing in disguise. I never take the weekend to just curl up on the couch and watch gameday, ballgames, and movies all weekend...and shop! It was so nice to have the downtime to do this before a busy season. I am almost tempted to take time off from a game wkd (later in the season) to have another day at home. I recently had "katy weekend" so two relaxing weekends after a crazy summer and before an even crazier fall was such a blessing...

My thoughts on Auburn...

It was a frustrating game but I am not that dissapointed. I expected it to be hard, maybe not this hard. However, I also expected we couldnt pull off the win in the last few minutes but we did.

Check out this post by Phillip Marshall This is about how I feel about Auburn this season.

Were they tough to watch at times this saturday? Of course. But they are young, maybe the youngest team in the SEC. And they follow big footsteps and have a horrible schedule. I fully accept a "breaking in" season... I am okay with that. It's all preparation for the future... but I like Phillip's point that Chizik knew that this season would be tough from the moment he took the job. 2009 recruits were thrown together so technically only his 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes are in place...and they are young.

I know some of this season will be painful...but I am still very excited. 4 years to see some of these boys grow into amazing players....if that means sitting through some losses now, I'll take it.

Thoughts on other teams...






  • very impressed by LSU. wow.



  • UGA, stop worrying about your uniforms, start worrying about your game



  • MSU -- jury is still out. I am certainly fearful to play you this weekend. You are good, BUT you played memphis, so I am not sure how good you are.



  • Ole Miss, breaks my heart -- horrible coaching.



  • other teams - i did not watch you, so no thoughts on you yet.



  • BAYLOR -- sic'em. what a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment