Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I am reading Wednesday

I know I am not married, but I am not immnune to being part of an affair (or having an affair when married). I think this is an excellent article about how affairs begin.  It's always the small things right??

This article hit the nail on the head about lies singles believe (and whats even sadder is these are lies we are often taught by the church and other Christians!!) My personal favorite  - when you are ready or mature enough, you will get married.  As if people who get married younger are a lot more mature.. Some are mature, some got pregnant and had to get married, some couldn't wait sexually, some were settling, some were in love and knew that they would grow up together-- all the same reasons people in their late 20s get married!! I once had a girl tell me the reason I was not married but my sister was must be because I am way less mature than her. Ok, whatever. My sister is plenty mature so that may be true, it may not, we may bothe be immature for all I know, but she didn't earn marriage by achieving a certain level of maturity, no more than I will have earned it when I get there.

Here is a good one on Tim Tebow.  Same truth applies to us: we may not know what our future holds, but we know who holds our future.

1 comment:

  1. Great articles! I love the one about lies singles believe--so true!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete