Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What do Happy People do Differently??

22 things HAPPY people do differently....

This definitely was good food for thought.  Some I do (eat well, treat people kindly, tell the truth, nurture social relationships)  and other things, not so much....(accept what cannot be changed, see problems as challlenges, etc....)

Some of my personal ways to stay happy include:

1. I try to stay tied to my Savior. On my desk, I have a note reminding me that my identity is in Christ, so when I forget and base it on friends, work, etc, I can see the truth on a post it!

2. I surround myself with friends and family.

3. I donot waste mycircumstances..  I may be very unhappy with where I am in life but  I generally try to remain busy and enjoy the good. I didn't love singleness but I travelled and was involved in ministry, etc.  I used my singleness. I am not thrilled about moving without a job lined up, but if we do, I plan on spending those first few weeks that I'm jobless cooking and setting up house. 

4. I rock out in the mornings to Christian Music.  I know, I'm the dork who listens to K love every morning. I don't care. It makes me happy to start out my morning with a little encouragement

5.  I set goals in different areas.  When I feel I am failing in another area, I pick an area with a goal and work to achieve that.  I ran my first half marathon because I was dissapointed with my dating life at the time and needed a goal. Feeling down?  Try losing 5 pounds, running a 5k, learning to sew.

6. When I have a rough day, I remind myself that all I have to do is make it til bedtime because the Lord's mercies are new the next day.



What about you? What things do you do to stay Happy?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the idea that all you have to do is make it until bedtime. So perfect!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE K-love in the morning! Starts it off right!

    ReplyDelete