Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Mexican Fiesta Couples Shower


This past weekend, we had another fun party which I promise to post about soon (I actually have to post about all 3 parties, so maybe that will be part of my weekend plans now that I have moved and things are settling together!)

It was a lovely party and I got to wear my favorite dress from my Trousseau  (JUST KIDDING, I don't actually have a Trousseau, but a friend of mine referred to her wedding shower attire as her trousseau so I thought I would try, but lets face it, I am not nearly fancy enough for such language!!)  For those of you who aren't southern, a Trousseau was a term to refer to the clothing, linens and accessories a bride's family provided her for her wedding and marriage. You're welcome for your history lesson.

Anyways, as I said, it was probably my favorite party dress I bought so it was fun to wear it --AND I love Lilly.... and despite the drop in temp, I was determined to wear it, so I dug deep, wore a bright pink cardigan and rocked my Lilly dress. (RIP Lilly) You can check out other bloggers' outfits here....

But, seriously, don't Lilly dresses make you feel like you should be walking barefoot on a beach or sipping margs on a deck? 

Here's a picture of me with my mom and one of the hostesses and family friend, Glynda.  I guess my mom was talking when this picture was taken.
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (on sale at Ruelala, of course!)
Belt: On sale at Belks
Shoes: BCBG
Earrings: Simple Joys (seriously, do I ever wear any other earrings than these?)

Other small update: I am moved out of my house in Jackson and settling in to my new life of lifting weights (flabby wedding arms ughhh), thank you note writing and actually going to bed early (here's hoping!!)  And Dave has final juries on his thesis this weekend, so if you're feeling kind, please say a prayer. 

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I have been packing for our move and to date, I counted 53 Lilly dresses. I would say I have a problem,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the prettiest dresses at every one of your wedding events!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete