Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SKINNY RULES!

I read these online and thought I would share!  These are rules that skinny people follow (according to Bob Harper off the Biggest Loser) I highlighted some of the ones that I need to work on...some are easy to fix: I like berries, I just never buy them but I could easilly eat more of them!  Banishing high salt foods?  you mean like my weekly sushi fix??? eek!! I may have to research low salt sushi!

I very much agree with the cooking your meals at home plan.  I used to cook most nights but haven't these past few weeks due to moving and I feel sluggish.  I am moving to my parents house tomorrow and can't wait to start cooking again instead of picking things up for dinner or making sandwiches!

What about you? Find any good new rules?
1) Drink one large glass of water before every meal - no excuses!
2) Don't drink your calories (basically, avoid lattes and sodas and juices because they pack a lot of calories)
3) Eat protein at every meal (to keep you full)
4) Slash intake of refined flour and replace it with whole grains
5) Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day to keep your digestive system moving
6) Eat apples and berries every single day (for the nutrients and fiber)
7) No carbs after lunch (because carbs are primarily for energy, so if you eat them for dinner and don't workout after dinner, they could compel your body to store fat).
8) Learn to read food labels
9) Stop guessing portion sizes
10) No more added sweeteners (because it wets your palate for sweet-tasting foods)11) Make one day a week meatless
12) No white potatoes
13) No fast food or fried food
14) Eat a real breakfast (to jump start your metabolism)
15) Eat at least 10 meals a week at home (basically, cook more)
16) Banish high-salt foods
17) Eat your vegetables!
18) Go to bed hungry (stop eating about 3 hours before you go to bed, that way two hours into sleep your body will start burning fat stores)
19) Make sure you sleep enough and that your sleep is quality, because it will really help you lose weight and give you energy for exercise.
20) Plan one splurge meal a week where you can eat whatever you want and as much as you want, but only one meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment