Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Pie

Last night I cooked a couple pies for Thanksgiving festivities.  This sweet potato pie is for the office Thanksgiving day spread in the breakroom today.  (My mom is making one for thursday too though)  Sweet Potato Pie is a great alternative to Pumpkin Pie if you want a change but still want something fall-ish.  I also made an apple cream pie which I will share in a different post!

(1) Preheat oven to 350

(2)You will need to mix together:
  • 2 c of boiled mashed sweet potatoes (2 c of canned sweet potatos, unsweetened will work too!)
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 c grated coconut
(3) Pour into a pie crust (use your own recipe or buy one in the frozen foods section and roll it out)

(4) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (my pie took around 55 minutes though so check and see if you need to add time)

No comments:

Post a Comment