Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pizza Casserole

This friday night, I made my favorite guy Pizza casserole.  Guys can be picky eaters and I find myself trying out recipes that are meant for kids.  I joke with him that when we want to cook, I google "family dinner recipes" or "dinners for kids"


This was very "child-like" but pretty good, and you could add veggies to make it better.


ALSO, I WOULLD LOVE ANY GOOD RECIPES Y'ALL HAVE.  I am trying to cook more often! PARTICULARLY "kid friendly" (aka picky eater friendly) recipes. :)



Ingredients:
1 bag of Egg Noodles
1 extra large can of Ragu sauce {or any tamato sauce you prefer}
3-ish cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or if you want, add ricotta cheese to)
1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat
1 package pepperonis

  1. BOIL egg noodles and cook and drain meat
  2. begin your layers! (1) tomato sauce (2) noodles (3) hamburger meat (4) sauce (5) noodles (6)  ricotta and mozzerella cheese (7) hamburger meat (8) sauce (9) mozzerella cheese (10)Top with pepperonis! 
  3. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350
  4. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes
  5. let sit for 10-15 minutes -- to cool and to let the layers stick together
  6. ENJOY!
I think it would be good if you added some spinach or mushrooms (if you eat mushrooms, I don't) -- I bet you could add almost any pizza topping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment