Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I am Reading Wednesday 7-25-2012

1. When I am waiting, I often ask Why doesn't God Hurry Up?  If you are waiting, read this ;)


2.  I think most of us could benefit from learning the 7 ways to develop Humility.


3.  When we face trials in life, we can Sink or Fight.  I LOVE how the author quotes this verse:


Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. Psalm 42:11


Then the author says: 


“I shall again praise him” is a statement of faith. We are saying we believe God will come through for us down the road. That in the future Jesus will give us something to praise him about. That God will cause whatever we’re going through to work for good.


4.  When whining about a hardship in my life, my roomie once told me "well sanctification isn't supposed to be fun!"  Its true, when we think God is being a drill sergeant, He is actually our physician.


5.  As a lawyer and more importantly as a female, I agree with this author in her thesis that words have hurtful or helpful effects on us.


6.  I now want to read this book, A Gospel Primer, especially the portion that says:


"The gospel is the one great permanent circumstance in which I live and move; and every hardship in my life is allowed by God only because it serves his gospel purposes in me. When I view my circumstances in this light, I realize that the gospel is not just one piece of good news that fits into my life somewhere among all the bad. I realize instead that the gospel makes genuinely good news out of every other aspect of my life, including my severest trials."

No comments:

Post a Comment