Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thankful #126-135 and Happy Fourth

I hope everyone had a happy 4th. I sure did! I drove to BF's hometown last night after work to spend time with his family (his sister and brother in law are in town from Georgia). I only stayed until 1 or 2 today but enjoyed my time in the country biking, going to a fish fry and having a movie night.  I then returned to Jackson for a cookout with friends including red and blue margaritas, watermelon and shooting my first fireworks!

I hope we all took a moment to remember how great our country is, how fortunate it is that we live in America. With the recent Obamacare SCOTUS decision, many people are dissapointed with America...and though we may not like certain leaders and decisions in our country, the fact remains that even with its flaws, America has the best form of government the world has ever seen. Lets remember that, fight for it, and maintain it.

One of my favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan once said:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Also, continuing with my 1000 gifts thankfulness list...Today I am thankful for....

126.  Fireworks, Friends and food
127. 6 weeks until my BF moves to JXN :)
127. bike ride in the country
128. Fish fry and brownies
129. my new bike
130. America and our founding fathers
131. computers
132. having my sister home in MS for the summer
133.  sleeping in
134. my friend Chris comes to town this weekend!
135. 2 months until college football

1 comment:

  1. Great quote! Love it.

    Love the fact that there are only 2 months until college football even more!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete