Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What I am Loving Wednesday


Usually I tell you what I am reading on Wednesday, and maybe I still will, but today I am going to tell you a little bit about what I am currently loving (a few other bloggers do this so I am jumping on the bandwagon.

1. I am loving season 8 of How I Met Your Mother, or as I always type it (I think I picked that up from Chris maybe?) - HIMYM.  Dave and I have been eagerly awaiting this series' return to Monday Nights!! (which we missed last night because we are taking a community enrichment course on investing at the local college).  We decided we would watch it together Thursday when we next hang out but caved and decided to watch it separately last night and text eachother.

I love the show and I guess I also love that we LOVE the show....guys and gals often have different tastes in shows, etc. so I love that we have this in common.

Watch season premier at CBS.

2. I am loving SOUPS.  Yes, I know that its still in the 70s in Mississippi, sometimes even 80s, but we have had several chillier evenings and mornings, even in the 50s a couple nights.  I love soups and they feel you up.


My favorite is Mrs. Grass's Homestyle Beef Vegetable and Newks. (although dave likes basic chicken noodle soup out of a bag so we have been eating some of that.

*Cook beef (lean) and mix with the bag mix and water, delicious and fairly healthy!

You can find the Newks schedule here.  If you don't have a Newks in your area, I am VERY sorry.  If you do, I suggest the crab bisque, tomato soup and red beans and rice soup.  In law school, I had this calendar memorized.




3. LOVE LOVE LOVE ME SOME PAINTED OR GLITTER PUMPKINS. I am loving fall decorations.  As I mentioned in my fall to do list, I can't wait to go pumpkin shopping and decorate some pumpkins.  I LOVE painted pumpkins. I suppose they stay good longer and are less messy to make. Here are a few ideas... I even included one wrapped in yarn or twine!



 

 





AREN'T THESE FUN?? AND PRETTY ENOUGH TO BE INDOOR PUMPKINS!!


 
 

 


4.  I have loved having weekends at home.  This fall, I am going to less football games, due to my long runs on saturday, weddings and high school reunion, poverty, dating a boy who has to study on the wkds and having several busy friends who aren't going often (I will still likely go to a couple games without Dave or pals, but still, its better to split driving and gas money and just more fun with others!), and also my family has been busy with some stressful circumstances so they aren't even at all the games.  I though this would be horrible, and don't get me wrong, I miss my family's weekend traditions...BUT it has been nice to enjoy time at home. I go to dinner, get stuff done, go shopping, to brunch, spend time with friends, do laundry, cook for the week! Weekends away from football hopefully won't be my norm BUT I am enjoying this surprising blessing.

5. WEEKEND MOVIES. This is a result of less travel and less football.  I used to view going to the movies as a winter activity, and sometimes an option in spring or summer BUT NEVER in the fall. Literally I would see maybe one movie all fall....BUT dave loves the movies and luckilly so do I, so this has become a weekend event for us.  Also, with so many more friends in town and not in Oxford or Starkville, we have been able to do a couple girls movies, and hopefully we will have a couple more this fall.  Dave and I have discovered that the theater by his home does 5 dollar movies on sunday nights, so we can see a movie for cheap basically (2 for 1)!!

AM I BORING NOW? MY THINGS I LOVE HAVE TO DO WITH STAYING HOME AND MOVIES???? SHEESH.  WHAT CAN I SAY? I AM EXHAUSTED. I THINK I NEED A LOWKEY COUPLE OF MONTHS!

6. SCARFS. I recently bought the perfect scarf blouse.  If I wasn't so poor, I'd go buy the same shirt in a couple other colors....  I love it because its not heavy, its loose and flowy (over a camisole) and it puts the focus on the scarf.  Here, in God's Country, AKA the DEEP SOUTH, we mostly wear scarfs as accessories.  I have a few heavy scarfs to wear with my Jacket in dec-feb, but mainly scarfs are for fun...so its essential to have a couple pseudo-fall/winter shirts to wear your scarfs with!!

Here's the link....  I don't wear it tucked in. Just loose with my sleeves rolled up.  Looking for a couple other blouses --these due double duty (jeans and neclaces or scarfs and wear to work if dolled up!)

7. FUNNY ECARDS. If you are in my phone book, you probably get one of these texted to you once a week. Sorry but I love ecards and other funny pictures/memos.



1 comment:

  1. That ADD card cracks me up! Hilarious!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete