1. God is not who I thought He Was (Jon Acuff) -- Thank goodness He isn't who I thought he was, because sometimes my view of Him have been lacking. I could really relate to this concept of "unlearning God" We have preconceived incorrect notions about a lot of things in life, including our Savior.
2.Another Jon Acuff article on grace, forgiveness, not needing to be perfect, etc. "I know in my head that, when you give us grace, you are not finishing the process of forgiveness, you are beginning it."
3. I am dating a boy that loves to tell me (a very black and white thinker) to think outside the box which is why I enjoyed this article about holding on to God's words, expecting Him to do marvelous things and seeing God outside our limited box view.
4. WORST MARRIAGE PROPOSAL EVER. seriously, folks, if this happened to me, I'd say NO, try again. Not because I am mean, but because this was cruel.
5. I loved this article encouraging men to deal with the fears of rejection and man up. Women risk rejection in different ways than men so all have to be willing to take a risk.
6. Ever questioned if God really has your best interest at heart? I suppose if you have been hurt or waited for anything in life, then you probably have. THIS ARTICLE was one of the most encouraging articles I have read in weeks, not because it provided answers, but because it summed up what many of us have felt before.
7. Delaying sex improves marriage? SURPRISE SURPRISE. Granted, this statistically speaking, not specific to everyone. But, on the whole, delaying sex imrovees communication, sexual quality, relationship satisfaction and stability. It's nice when obediance has benefits
8. This is a good article on a trend I have seen lately: making families and marriage an idol. This article talks about making God's gifts into gods.You see this in small "noble" ways like obsession with a certain type of schooling, birthing, parenting style in which you believe you are superior if you do those things (not attacking a certain type of parenting style) and you also see this in pettier areas such as exclusive young mom groups at churches. AND I think this notion of making God's gifts into gods applies to lots of things: career, enjoying your single days, obsession with marriage or boyfriends, college football (gulp), friends, etc.
Your Church Music Might Be Incomplete If…
2 hours ago