Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cheap Date #1: Always say yes to Free Tickets

A few weeks ago, Dave and I went to "Zoo Party' to raise money for the local zoo.  That was not our original plan, but last minute, my sweet friend WC offered us two free tickets and we decided to take him up on the offer.

So two 50 dollar tickets for free....which included alcohol and food from local restaurants and dancing.  The event was fun -- I think it would have been a lot more fun if it wasn't on a weeknight because I would not have been so tired and we could have enjoyed the wine, beer and martini bar more.  But, the weather was nice and we enjoyed hanging out with WC and seeing other friends.  I used to go to more charity functions, but truth is, its pricy for two of us to go so I only go to a few events now.

While we were there, WC and Dave bought cigars.  I even had a puff.  Here are some pictures from the night....

My cute date

My Other cute date (for part of the night) and the supplier of our tickets

The plus of not paying for tickets is none of us felt like we had to get our money's worth.  WC left early and and we followed soonafter. We left early enough to go home, curl up and watch a couple episodes of tv on netflix...best of both worlds: a night out and a night in.  If offered any more free tickets soon, I will for sure take advantage.

Date: Zoo Party, TV night
Location: Highland Village, Dave's house
Cost: $8 (cigar)
Fun on scale of 1 to 10: 7 (the event was only okay due to it being a weeknight, but it was free and the company was good!)

SO....say yes next time someone offers you a ticket to some event that may not be your usual scene. You might have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment