SIDENOTE: There is nothing wrong with a few trendy bags, BUT EVERY SASSY SINGLE 20someting NEEDS a good quality (most likely leather) handbag.
This does not have to be a designer bag, although quality designer bags can be found at a discount. This does need to be from a good quality line (NINE WEST or HIGHER on the quality scale). I truly think you could wear a 30 dollar outfit and wear nice shoes and a pricier bag and people think your entire outfit is worth way more than it is. So splurge on a nice bag and it makes the value of almost every single outfit go up.
Some current options:
- In our family, we ask for big ticket items like purses or tory burch shoes for Christmas. Its a mix between practical and fun.
- If you want a TORY or KATE SPADE, get on their email list. They are always having sale. My current Kate Spade was a few hundres dollars marked down to a little over 100 last year.
- After Christmas sales....TORY usually has items on sale plus 20-25% off those items after Christmas
- Check out TJ MAX, MARSHALLS, etc. My roomate is great at finding quality leather bags (Michael Kors, Ninewest, Cole Hann) for a fraction of the price there. I have only once found a bag there, you have to be willing to look.
- Nice leather purses that cost 400/500 dollars: Nine West, Cole Hann, Michael Kors ( you can find these for 75-200)
- buy a basic color first before a fun color. Red/yellow/blue purses are fun but only after you have the basics -- PLUS the trendy purses can be cheaper purses.