- 1 can large tomato sauce
- small (or large if you like a lot of tomatoes) can of diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cans of black beans
- 1 - 1.5 pounds of beed (or ground turkey to be healthier)
- taco seasoning
2. Put the cooked meat into a pot and add the seasoning, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and black beans.
3. Let it stir for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve with 2% shredded cheese and light sour cream!! (and a little on the unhealthy side....corn ships!)
It's so good. I made this recipe last night with 1 pound of laura's lean beef (4% fat), 1.5 cans of beans, and light Ragu sauce. The recipe can serve 5-6 people and I calculated the calories on an online recipe calculator. 317 calories for 1/5 of recipe and 264 for 1/6! (before cheese and sour cream) Pretty healthy! The turkey numbers were actually a little higher, not much, so splurge on the Laura's lean beef and make healthy chilly for a week's worth of lunches!
This is the first of many cool fall/winter weeks where I will be making this dish :)