Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Easy Chili

I got this recipe from my friend, Liz, several years ago and I cook it many times during the fall! Its so easy and its healthier than other types of chili. So, if you come to my house any time soon to watch a football game, there is a good chance I will be serving you this!

  • 1 can large tomato sauce
  • small (or large if you like a lot of tomatoes) can of diced tomatoes
  • 1-2 cans of black beans
  • 1 - 1.5 pounds of beed (or ground turkey to be healthier)
  • taco seasoning
1. Cook the meat.
2. Put the cooked meat into a pot and add the seasoning, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and black beans.
3. Let it stir for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve with 2% shredded cheese and light sour cream!! (and a little on the unhealthy side....corn ships!)

It's so good.  I made this recipe last night with 1 pound of laura's lean beef (4% fat), 1.5 cans of beans, and light Ragu sauce.  The recipe can serve 5-6 people and I calculated the calories on an online recipe calculator.  317 calories for 1/5 of recipe and 264 for 1/6! (before cheese and sour cream)  Pretty healthy! The turkey numbers were actually a little higher, not much, so splurge on the Laura's lean beef and make healthy chilly for a week's worth of lunches!

This is the first of many cool fall/winter weeks where I will be making this dish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment