Friday, October 5, 2012

It's fall Y'all: pumpkin cupcakes and s'mores mix

This weekend I am introducing my favorite guy to the grove.  We have yet to spend much time there due to a wedding, a game in starkville, 2 away games and a weekend in his hometown.... so finally I will show him the land of cotton...

I wanted to make some goodies for the tailgate (although my mom is sending some up with us and my sister is making some)  HOWEVER, I had promised to take a family friend to bible study in town since she is new in town (so fun to see her and Bible Study was really good last night, so no regrets on going)  Since I wouldn't be home til 9, I knew I needed two quick dishes. Are yall ready for 2 "3 ingredient" fall snacks??

S'Mores MIX

  • Mix a big box of golden grahams (or teddy grahams), mini marshmellows, and milk chocolate chips together
  • DONE.  so simple right?  Just a very BASIC trail mix!

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
  • Mix 1 box of spice cake, 1 can of pumpkin and 6 ounce of semisweet choc chips together 
  • pour into muffin liners in a tin, almost to the top because the dense mix doesn't expand much
  • Bake at 350 for 17-22 minutes 
SO, not my fanciest cooking ever, but I was in a hurry AND still wanted to make something deliciously fall.  I've made the pumpkin muffins before and its a favorite go to for when you want something pumpkin-y but don't want to cook all day or invest in a bunch of random ingredients.  Plus no one realizes its from a b ox mix because the pumpkin hides it :)

as we say in Mississippi: HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!! enjoy your football saturdays.  I will be spending friday night at my HS reunion then skipping Saturday's festivities to go to Oxford!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your time in The Grove this weekend! Have a blast!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete